Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Low on the cooking mojo

Sometimes I just don't have it. The cooking mojo, that is. Everything feels like it's in the wrong place, in the wrong order. I can't focus long enough to keep the garlic from burning. In our house, this lack of mojo is likely to coincide with screams for help in removing one's socks and replacing them on one's hands. (Tonight, for example.)

The only reason I didn't 86 the whole exercise and pull out the cereal boxes was that a friend was coming for dinner. Come to think of it, he might have enjoyed Cheerios.

But, in the end: whole wheat linguine with chicken wild rice sausage from here, cannellini beans, and spinach. We also made short order of a loaf of our favorite rye bread (The Beans gobble this down, and not just because I butter it for them. Well, at least I don't think that's why.) and plenty of strawberry rhubarb sauce on vanilla ice cream (thanks, friend).

No comments: